ITM is closely monitoring the spread of respiratory illness caused by a new coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, China. Additional cases have been identified in a growing number of other international locations.
Employee Travel Restrictions
We are aware that a number of our members are issuing guidance to staff which includes:
- A complete ban on travel to / from Wuhan
- A ban/ Restricting / deferring non-essential travel to mainland China
- Restricting / deferring domestic travel within mainland China and/or pre-approval to travel
- A ban/ Restricting / deferring travel to and/or from Hong Kong and Macau
- Any travel to affected regions must be pre-approved by senior management, risk and / or security teams
- Monitoring of incoming visitors from Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan
- As of 11th February, The Philippines have implemented an entry ban to include foreign nationals with recent travel to Taiwan. Please check the FCO website for specific country bans
- Employees returning from Mainland China/Hong Kong/Macau being requested / mandated to work from home for 14 days and should return to work only if symptom-free after that duration
- Any employee who develops fever and flu-like symptoms within 14 days of travel should stay home and notify their healthcare provider
- Providing guidance and links to employees from medical and security assistance vendors
- Advising where extra screening measures and travel restrictions are in place at various locations across the world
Additional Protective Measures
· To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
o Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser
o Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
o Avoid close contact with people who are sick
o Stay home when you are sick
o Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin
o Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The US have imposed a restriction on permitting foreign nationals into the US who have travelled in mainland china within 14days of arrival to US, therefore important for any business travellers who have a requirement to fly to both.
Updated 13th February