The purpose of this study is to explore the Hotel RFP process from the travel manager perspective.
The following are the main areas explored:
• Quantify awareness and use among GBTA members with the GBTA Hotel RFP
• Quantify satisfaction with the GBTA Hotel RFP process
• Identify which modules are use and what influence they have in the decision making process
• Understand what are the factors used in the decision making process of selecting preferred hotels regardless of RFP template used.
Summary – Key Findings
• A majority of travel managers are very involved with the Hotel FRP process (81%).
• Forty percent of respondents say they rely somewhat on a TMC to conduct the RFP process with 16% saying they rely a lot on TMCs.
• On average the length of the Hotel RFP process is of 3.5 months and 46% of travel managers are satisfied with this length, although a third (33%) are dissatisfied/very dissatisfied.
Users with complete profiles are more likely to receive information and resources
that are customised and best meet their needs. The information in your profile will not be shared with any third parties and privacy settings are within your control at all times.