The purpose of this study is to explore the Hotel RFP process from the travel manager perspective.
The following are the main areas explored:
• Quantify awareness and use among GBTA members with the GBTA Hotel RFP
• Quantify satisfaction with the GBTA Hotel RFP process
• Identify which modules are use and what influence they have in the decision making process
• Understand what are the factors used in the decision making process of selecting preferred hotels regardless of RFP template used.
Summary – Key Findings
• A majority of travel managers are very involved with the Hotel FRP process (81%).
• Forty percent of respondents say they rely somewhat on a TMC to conduct the RFP process with 16% saying they rely a lot on TMCs.
• On average the length of the Hotel RFP process is of 3.5 months and 46% of travel managers are satisfied with this length, although a third (33%) are dissatisfied/very dissatisfied.