The Institute of Travel Management is committed to upholding your privacy and taking care with your personal data as a valued member, customer and user of our website.
The following explains how we collect, store and use your personal data and data about you when you visit this website and when you transact with us. It also describes the types of data we collect, how we use the data to ensure we provide relevant and timely services to you, and your rights to control our use of that data.
This policy covers your personal information on the ITM website only. There are many links on the itm.org.uk website to external websites beyond our control and we suggest that you always check the privacy policies of these websites before using them.
For the purposes of this policy "ITM" refers to the Institute of Travel Management and any other ITM subgroup. The reference to the “ITM website” also includes any ITM Apps.
Collection of Data
ITM has the greatest respect for the privacy of our members, and visitors to our website, and fully adheres to UK data protection legislation.
We collect very specific, relevant information that is a necessary part of us being able to administer your membership. The personal and company information collected from registered members will only be used to verify members status and thereafter-to access members-only resources and personalised features on the ITM website.
ITM may collect and process your data in the following circumstances:
- when you register to use the ITM Website
- whenever you disclose your data to us when reporting a problem, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason
Use of Data
ITM only uses your data to enhance its products and distribution of those products to its members. Our communications with you may be via post, telephone or e-mail, or via your online profile area on the ITM website.
Limited contact information is also used to create the member's listing in the member directory area of the website and in our online event registration page.
ITM’s communications are vital in keeping you informed about how ITM membership can help you. We may, from time to time, email you member-only communications to help you make the most of your membership. You can update your contact preferences at any time by updating your member profile on the ITM website, or emailing us at email@example.com
In addition to this, we will also contact you with important information regarding your membership (for example, when it's time to pay your annual membership fee). In these instances, we process your personal data because it is necessary for the performances of a contract with you.
ITM will use details submitted by you to enable us to contact you regarding ITM products or services. You will have the opportunity to opt-out of any communication at any time, should you wish.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The personal and company information collected from members is only presented to third parties for the purpose of delivering services to members.
1. Event registration details are shared with some event sponsors prior to or post event.
2. From time to time, ITM provide a sample database of members' name and company name (no contact details) to non-members and potential sponsors to demonstrate the quality of membership.
3. ITM does make some member details available to specific ITM partners –only where access to a third party is required to provide ITM services. Presently, these partners include, but may not be limited to:
- GBTA – for the purposes of providing GBTA updates and membership.
- Rachel Ley Consultancy Limited (RLC) - for the purposes of administrating ITM Conferences
- Media partners for the de-duplication of databases when sending out promotional material to those who have chosen to opt-in.
4. ITM presents third party supplier information to ITM members using the information provided. In cases where a mailing or other communication is undertaken to ITM members, data is not released directly to the third party supplier, but to a bona fide mailing house bound by the provisions of the Direct Marketing Association code of conduct.
5. Mailing, print and fulfilment companies - ITM will only disclose your information to print and fulfilment companies are conducting business on ITM's behalf and only for an agreed purpose, such as magazine distribution, operational membership mailings or marketing mailings. Data is securely transferred and, once the purpose for which it was transferred is complete, is deleted.
These third parties are contracted on the strict understanding that ANY data provided by ITM is restricted to use for the purposes laid out in any agreement and for those purposes only.
Credit Card Account Information
ITM does not store credit card details. Your credit card details are processed via our payment gateway service provider. This company does not retain, share, store or use personal information for any purpose other than to provide this service to ITM.
Retention of Data
We will keep hold of your data for only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected.
When you purchase from us, for example training, events and so on, we retain that information for a period of six years following the end of the financial year during which you purchased from us. It is our legal obligation to keep these records for tax purposes.
Membership information will be retained for a period of 10 years from your last renewal date to allow you to re-join as a member. A record that you have been a member and your grade of membership will be retained as part of our register of memberships.
Once the information is no longer required to fulfill these purposes, it will be removed from our systems entirely.
ITM has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure we have mitigated risks such as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure of data.
As a member, you are accountable for upholding the confidentiality of your password and account information. ITM are not accountable for any personal information that you choose to submit via an online forum or on social networking services on this site.
The Institute of Travel Management is registered on the Information Commissioner's register of data controllers, number ZA278711.
You can contact us by writing to The Institute of Travel Management, St Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, HP7 0UT, by phoning our switchboard on +44 (0)1494 618497, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will update this policy from time to time to reflect changes in our business.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your hard drive.
The cookies we use are "analytical" cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how you visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find out more information about cookies, including how to disable them, by consulting www.aboutcookies.org.
If you suspect that ITM has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with this privacy statement or with UK data protection regulations please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling us on 01494 618497.