For the purposes of this policy "ITM" refers to ITM and any other ITM subgroup. The reference to the “ITM website” also includes any ITM Apps.
Collection of Data
ITM has the greatest respect for the privacy of our members, and visitors to our website, and fully adheres to UK data protection legislation.
The data ITM collects is used only to help better serve our members. The personal and company information collected from registered members will only be used to verify members status and thereafter-to access members-only resources and personalisation features on the website.
Use of Data
ITM only uses members’ information to enhance its products and distribution of those products to its members. Our communications with you may be via post, telephone or e-mail, or via your online profile area on the ITM website.
Limited contact information is also used to create the member's listing in the member directory area of the website and in our online event registration page.
ITM’s communications are vital in keeping you informed and may therefore include business information from third parties that we think may be relevant.
You are entitled to opt out of receiving any communication at any time, should you wish.
ITM will use details submitted by you to enable us to contact you regarding ITM products or services. You will have the opportunity to opt-out of any communication at any time, should you wish.
Disclosure to Third Parties
The personal and company information collected from members is only presented to outside parties in the circumstances laid out below.
1. Event registration details are shared with some event sponsors prior to or post event.
2. From time to time on a one-off basis ITM provide a sample database of members' name and company details (no contact details) to non-members and potential sponsors to demonstrate the quality of membership.
3. ITM does make some member details available to specific ITM partners –only where access to a third party is required to provide ITM services. Presently, these partners include, but may not be limited to:
- GBTA – for the purposes of providing GBTA updates and membership.
- RLC - for the purposes of administrating ITM Conferences
- Media partners for the de-duplication of databases when sending out promotional material.
These third parties are contracted on the strict understanding that ALL data provided by ITM is restricted to use for the purposes laid out in any agreement and for those purposes only.
4. ITM presents third party supplier information to ITM members using the information provided. In cases where a mailing or other communication is undertaken to ITM members, data is not released directly to the third party supplier, but to a bona fide mailing house bound by the provisions of the Direct Marketing Association code of conduct.
Credit Card Account Information
ITM does not store credit card details. In fact, your credit card details never pass through our site—they are restrained directly by our payment gateway.
We strive to utilise reasonable security measures to safeguard personal information from alteration, loss, and unauthorized disclosure or use.
However, the users are additionally warned about the Internet not being an entirely secured medium, and we do not ensure that our safety and privacy measures are failsafe. You are accountable for upholding the confidentiality of your password and account information.
Moreover, when using certain applications and services, or posting on a forum, chat room, or social networking services on this site, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be collected, read, or used by the same. We are not to be held accountable for any personal information that you choose to submit.
If our privacy policies change, we will notify you. If you suspect that ITM has handled its personal information in a manner that does not comply with this privacy statement or with UK data protection regulations please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com
or by calling us on 01494 618497.